Skip to main content

Introduction to me being me!

I never know how to write about myself. I always feel so embarrassed and I don't know why😅 Like last year when Margret asked us to do a video about ourselves, I wanted to cry as I never know what to say about myself without sounding big headed!

So here comes the cringe fest....

My name is Elizabeth, I am 23 years old and I was born and bred in Maynooth. It is a nice a place but now its just full of college students who are taking over (I know i'm a college student but these people are from the country you know)😂.
   
      I still live at home with my mum and recently my boyfriend Dan has moved in with us as well. I have a sister Meaghan who is getting married next year to her fiancee Lesley. In the last couple of years we have also gotten in contact with my half sister, so our family just keeps on growing which is great.  We are a very close family and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am very lucky to have such amazing people to be there for me when ever I need them. They are my whole world.

Dan and myself met online nearly three years ago as he had just moved over to Ireland from Middlesbrough for a job in Intel, ever since then we have been stuck to the hip. I think he brings out the best in me but he defiantly brings out the worst (sometimes)🙈

  

I have three furbabies, two cats and a puppy who I adore even though they drive me crazy!🐾

Tipsy is the black cat, he has special needs (bless him) hes more like a dog as I have taught him how to sit and give paw. We have a weird relationship 😂. Bailey is the ginger and white cat, I rescued her from a hay field in Cork when she was only 4 weeks old, she was only the size of my hand so I hardly going to leave Cork without her and lastly there is Miss Polly Pockets, our little princess who rules the roost and gets away with murder in our house! Unfortunate we lost Patch back in 2014, he was and still is the love of my life. He was my 8th birthday present and I adored him and when we lost him our lives turned upside down as he kept us altogether when things were very hard.

  
(All pictures have been taken by me on my phone)

I finished my leaving cert in 2015 and actually applied to do Creative Digital Media in Blanchardtown but because of my points I wasn't accepted. At the time I was upset but then again it gave me time to grow as a person. I tried two different courses which were not for me so I took a year out to think about what I wanted to do with my life so again in 2018 I applied and was accepted and I have never been happier, this is something I've always wanted to do.

When I started this course I felt like I was thrown into the deep end as I hadn't studied in over a year and a half but once I got back into the routine I was fine. I also found a liking for coding, yes it is difficult but once you get the hang of it and see the results it is very rewarding.

        I have always said I wanted to work within the technology industry as it is just going to keep getting bigger, I am a huge social media fan and forever on my phone so being able to use technology to better my future is perfect.

I also want to travel the world, there is so much to see and hopefully with this degree I will be able to travel and see the world while I work. 🌍 One year for Christmas I bought Dan a scratch map of the world and ever since then we have been ticking each place off our bucket list. We have been to Paris, Krakow in Poland, Tenerife and this year we were lucky enough to go to the Maldives and it was incredible, I have never seen a place like it! It gave me the travel bug to want to go everywhere!

Picture of me in the Maldives 

As a family we are foodie people, one of my favorite things to do before going to a restaurant is look at the menu to see what I will eat. I do eat out a lot but I also do love to cook, depending on my mood it could be anything. My favorite food is chicken wings! I could eat chicken wings all day everyday if I had the chance. If we go out to eat I always say I will try something different but that never happens as I can never say no to chicken wings! I'm addicted. 🍗

If you read my previous blog post you would know I am not a huge gamer but I'm also not a huge movie person either. I could say I love a movie but once someone mentions the name of an actor or actress I wouldn't have a clue who you are talking about. I'm so bad with names! My one and only favorite movie that I could re-watch a million times over and never get sick of is Deja Vu, I just think it is an amazing film and the actor Denzel Washington is one of my favorite actors!


I think I will leave it at this. I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post 💗

-EH

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz !

    Since You commented on my blog I thought I would return the favor (and hoping this will go to the commenting count as well haha). I loved your blog ! It's very well written, easy to follow, which is great for me and my dyslexia ! I didn't know your had pets or that you rescue them. I have cats myself that were rescued as well, so it's great to see someone else helping them out ! Also I prefer chicken legs or the beast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also Forgot to mention this but: I didn't know you were scouts ?! What section and what unit were you in ?

      Y.I.S
      Sarah H

      Delete
  3. Hey liz! I loved reading your blog and seeing your trip to the Maldives it looked so good! I love the layout of your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey
    I loved you blog and learning new things about you it was really intresting .Your layout is put together really well and i look foward to reading more about you.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth,

    I am so happy to hear you got accepted into creative digital media in 2018 as I know it didn't work out the for you the first time you applied. I also find coding really rewarding when everything works! I also want to travel the world at some stage in my life. The maldives looks amazing from the picture in your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Elizabeth,
    I first just want to say that I'm also from Maynooth and I definitely do agree that the students are taking over (I have some colourful language for them). I want to wish your sister the best of luck with her wedding and i hope she has a ball. Finding out that you have a half sister must of been scary at first but I'd say it all worked out fine. i'm glad that you finally found the course that you wanted after trying other ones. Anyway I really enjoyed reading this and I can't wait to read more.

    -Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Elizabeth,

    It was interesting to learn about you and I'm glad that you have such a large group of people that have got your back. All your pets are so cute, I have two cats of my own and they barely listen to me so I don't know how you managed to teach them tricks. I'm happy that you got into the course you really wanted to get into and are enjoying it so far.

    -Casper :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi liz!

    I loved your blog it was so interesting to read and looking forward to reading more! I don't really anything negative to say. I think your blog layout is put together amazing its so easy to look at and read. Cant wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Elizabeth
    I found your introduction very fascinating and fun to read.
    I love the fact that even when you didn't get accepted first time into this course you kept trying and got it the next time. That is the kind of work effort you need to survive in this vastly changing digital media industry that we all presumably want to go into .
    p.s I love your dog he is so cute. Dogs are just the best
    regards Aaron C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Elizabeth,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog I learned a lot about you nice to see that your family get along really well and that you and your boyfriend have moved in together which is a huge step congrats I also want to travel and visit different countries I think it would be amazing. Your animals are so cute and adorable anyway I will leave it there hope to read more from you soon.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Liz

    The layout of your blog has a nice design to it. This post is a good way for to get to know you. I hope you have fun at your sister's wedding it seems like that would be good fun. I hope your enjoying the course and that your able to handle the work. Good luck

    Jamie gannon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Design Document

Hi Guys, Welcome back to my blog, today I will be talking about my game design document. I use Dunroc to build a basic document which you can view  here . For my Game Design Document I am going to focus on the important parts of the game. First one is Story. The story behind the game is the most important part as you can't have a game without a story line. My story is about the player, they can create their own character and build their city to what ever way they want too. They have to do certain tasks everyday to earn money to buy things. My game will be a single player game. The aim of the game is to gain experience, unlock different levels and build an empire.  Second one is Characters . The player can have multiple characters if they would like, its all up to them. They can design what the character is going to look like too from their clothing to body type to hair style. Everything! I want the player to have fun creating there own world. Each character will ha

Beta.... Well not really!

Hey Guys, Welcome back to my blog, It's been a long week, thank god we only have one more week left!  So all week I have been working on my game, unfortunately I got the code working but I have way to many errors popping up which means it wont make my character move! My coins are working, my wind-zone is working and so is my sky-box but the most important bloody part wont! I have created so many different character and entered the code which is needed for each of them and none of them will work!  I also think one of my problems is that my world is too large with to many different effects going on through out it. I know what your going to say... "delete some of it" but that is not an option as I lost my first game and had to start it all over again so honestly I am petrified to touch it and delete things I don't really need.  (screenshot from my own unity)  (screenshot of my own unity) (screenshot of my own unity) As you can see from