Skip to main content

Learning About Mindset Growth

When I think about mindset I think about relaxing, I have never heard of Carol Dweck until today. What I learnt from listening and reading to what she has to say I have realized that sometimes I run away from error and I don't like to be told I'm wrong especially if it is in a subject that I don't practically like. She has thought me that I should better myself and try again when ever I fail at something.

When Carol talks about "how we are raising our children" I do think parents except more from their children, personally because I have dyslexia my mum always says "all I want you to do, is do your best" and that is exactly what I have done but thinking back to when I done the leaving cert a lot of my friend's parents excepted them to come out with A's which puts pressure on their children which isn't fair. Of course students want the best grades but to have added pressure from their parents is very unfair.

My biggest problem when setting myself challenges is getting motivated to start them straight away. I always think about the easiest way of doing something when I shouldn't. I overthink everything that has to be done to the point where I don't even want to do the challenge anymore.

When I think about mindset in college at the start I write down exactly how much time i'm going to spend on each module but then when the work load begins to pile up I begin to stress and by stressing I do not get anything done. Carol has thought me to take my time and to not put pressure on myself, everything will get done in the end its just takes time to get it done.

When it comes to family I there is nothing more I love than spending time with them but with friends when I'm tired or stressed about college I put them on what people say "the back burner" when I should be putting more of an effort into seeing them and giving myself and my head space away from the stress of college. 

Since starting college I have learnt that everything I do everyday is something new and i'm constantly learning so why am I scared of doing new things like learning how to drive, speaking in-front of people etc, life is all about learning and having the right mindset to get up everyday and challenge yourself is a good thing!


-EH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me being me!

I never know how to write about myself. I always feel so embarrassed and I don't know why😅 Like last year when Margret asked us to do a video about ourselves, I wanted to cry as I never know what to say about myself without sounding big headed! So here comes the cringe fest.... My name is Elizabeth, I am 23 years old and I was born and bred in Maynooth. It is a nice a place but now its just full of college students who are taking over (I know i'm a college student but these people are from the country you know)😂.           I still live at home with my mum and recently my boyfriend Dan has moved in with us as well. I have a sister Meaghan who is getting married next year to her fiancee Lesley. In the last couple of years we have also gotten in contact with my half sister, so our family just keeps on growing which is great.  We are a very close family and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am very lucky to have such amazing people to be there for me when ever I need

Game Design Document

Hi Guys, Welcome back to my blog, today I will be talking about my game design document. I use Dunroc to build a basic document which you can view  here . For my Game Design Document I am going to focus on the important parts of the game. First one is Story. The story behind the game is the most important part as you can't have a game without a story line. My story is about the player, they can create their own character and build their city to what ever way they want too. They have to do certain tasks everyday to earn money to buy things. My game will be a single player game. The aim of the game is to gain experience, unlock different levels and build an empire.  Second one is Characters . The player can have multiple characters if they would like, its all up to them. They can design what the character is going to look like too from their clothing to body type to hair style. Everything! I want the player to have fun creating there own world. Each character will ha

Beta.... Well not really!

Hey Guys, Welcome back to my blog, It's been a long week, thank god we only have one more week left!  So all week I have been working on my game, unfortunately I got the code working but I have way to many errors popping up which means it wont make my character move! My coins are working, my wind-zone is working and so is my sky-box but the most important bloody part wont! I have created so many different character and entered the code which is needed for each of them and none of them will work!  I also think one of my problems is that my world is too large with to many different effects going on through out it. I know what your going to say... "delete some of it" but that is not an option as I lost my first game and had to start it all over again so honestly I am petrified to touch it and delete things I don't really need.  (screenshot from my own unity)  (screenshot of my own unity) (screenshot of my own unity) As you can see from