Skip to main content

Gaming Elements That I Like.

Hi Guys,

Welcome back to my blog, in today's blog post I will be talking about Game Elements. 
When I think about game elements I always think about player & rules but I never quite thought about the objectives behind it. 


Players: A game isn't a game without having at least one player right? You could even have 10 players if you wanted to. When I think of the game I would like to develop I would like it to 1-6 players, that means you could play it on your own or you could connect with other people and play the game together. 
There is all different types of games that have different types of players such as:
  1. 1 player v's the computer system. These types of games are great especially when your testing your own mind. Examples of these types of game would be Solitaire, Piano Online, Hill Racing Cart, Mindsweeper etc. There is website online that has thousands of different 1 player games. https://www.agame.com/games/singleplayer
  2. Head-to-Head: I don't know about you guys but these type of games get my heart racing, I don't ever think of myself as competitive until I start playing games like these. Examples of these games would be Chess, Battle City, Space Wars etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Head-to-head_arcade_games
  3. Team Competition: Team competition games are unreal as you play along with your friends and still let that competitive side come out. Examples of this would be Battlefield, Fortnight, World of Warcraft etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_esports_games

Rules: Every video game in the world has to have rule, if there wasn't there wouldn't be much point in playing it. The rules are in three categories 1. Setup. 2Progression of play. 3. Resolution. Without these 3 rules your game just would not work.
  1. Setup: At the beginning of every game there has to be a setup, this is where you are introduced to the rules, your told about the story your about to go on while playing the game. Its also the stage where you can personalize your characters, look at the different worlds you will be entering through out.
  2. Progression Of Play: This is about what happens when your playing, it is the the course of action the the player must complete to be able to move forward within a game. 
  3. Resolution: This is what causes the game to end. This is an important part of the game elements as no game can go on forever. Every game has to finish somewhere. 

Objectives: A game has to have objectives, there has to be a ending. Throughout a game there is different goals you have to reach as a player before you get to the end. Examples of good game objectives are The Sims as the goal in this game is to develop your character or build resources to a certain point, Cluedo as the goal is to solve the puzzle, Mario Kart as the goal to this game is to collect coins, fight against other players for the winning spot etc. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me being me!

I never know how to write about myself. I always feel so embarrassed and I don't know why😅 Like last year when Margret asked us to do a video about ourselves, I wanted to cry as I never know what to say about myself without sounding big headed! So here comes the cringe fest.... My name is Elizabeth, I am 23 years old and I was born and bred in Maynooth. It is a nice a place but now its just full of college students who are taking over (I know i'm a college student but these people are from the country you know)😂.           I still live at home with my mum and recently my boyfriend Dan has moved in with us as well. I have a sister Meaghan who is getting married next year to her fiancee Lesley. In the last couple of years we have also gotten in contact with my half sister, so our family just keeps on growing which is great.  We are a very close family and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am very lucky to have such amazing people to be there for me when ever I need

Game Design Document

Hi Guys, Welcome back to my blog, today I will be talking about my game design document. I use Dunroc to build a basic document which you can view  here . For my Game Design Document I am going to focus on the important parts of the game. First one is Story. The story behind the game is the most important part as you can't have a game without a story line. My story is about the player, they can create their own character and build their city to what ever way they want too. They have to do certain tasks everyday to earn money to buy things. My game will be a single player game. The aim of the game is to gain experience, unlock different levels and build an empire.  Second one is Characters . The player can have multiple characters if they would like, its all up to them. They can design what the character is going to look like too from their clothing to body type to hair style. Everything! I want the player to have fun creating there own world. Each character will ha

Beta.... Well not really!

Hey Guys, Welcome back to my blog, It's been a long week, thank god we only have one more week left!  So all week I have been working on my game, unfortunately I got the code working but I have way to many errors popping up which means it wont make my character move! My coins are working, my wind-zone is working and so is my sky-box but the most important bloody part wont! I have created so many different character and entered the code which is needed for each of them and none of them will work!  I also think one of my problems is that my world is too large with to many different effects going on through out it. I know what your going to say... "delete some of it" but that is not an option as I lost my first game and had to start it all over again so honestly I am petrified to touch it and delete things I don't really need.  (screenshot from my own unity)  (screenshot of my own unity) (screenshot of my own unity) As you can see from