Skip to main content

Reading 5 - Conducting & writing my analysis!

Hey guys,

For the readings this week I am starting to write my analysis. After looking through my matrix and the significance of each of them I will be writing about the similarities of each of the articles that I think will be important to use.  

I have be looking at my sub topics in more depth and looking for more relevant information that can be used to write my chapters. This weeks reading has taken a bit longer then it should as I think its important that I fully understand what I am looking at and what I am using to conduct my analysis. 

What I have learnt from narrowing things done is that a lot of articles I have read and saved onto my computer are all repeating the information which I need, this means to me anyway that them documents are essential for my analysis. 


(Update) After speaking to Shaun this morning, I am starting to feel more confident in my topic, I am aware that I need to work more on my matrix for my second topic which I am starting right now. Overall though I am happy with my progress as last week I was struggling.

Anyway until next week!

-Elizabeth

Image result for conducting analysis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me being me!

I never know how to write about myself. I always feel so embarrassed and I don't know why😅 Like last year when Margret asked us to do a video about ourselves, I wanted to cry as I never know what to say about myself without sounding big headed! So here comes the cringe fest.... My name is Elizabeth, I am 23 years old and I was born and bred in Maynooth. It is a nice a place but now its just full of college students who are taking over (I know i'm a college student but these people are from the country you know)😂.           I still live at home with my mum and recently my boyfriend Dan has moved in with us as well. I have a sister Meaghan who is getting married next year to her fiancee Lesley. In the last couple of years we have also gotten in contact with my half sister, so our family just keeps on growing which is great.  We are a very close family and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am very lucky to have such amazing people to be there for me when ever I need

Beta.... Well not really!

Hey Guys, Welcome back to my blog, It's been a long week, thank god we only have one more week left!  So all week I have been working on my game, unfortunately I got the code working but I have way to many errors popping up which means it wont make my character move! My coins are working, my wind-zone is working and so is my sky-box but the most important bloody part wont! I have created so many different character and entered the code which is needed for each of them and none of them will work!  I also think one of my problems is that my world is too large with to many different effects going on through out it. I know what your going to say... "delete some of it" but that is not an option as I lost my first game and had to start it all over again so honestly I am petrified to touch it and delete things I don't really need.  (screenshot from my own unity)  (screenshot of my own unity) (screenshot of my own unity) As you can see from

Game Design Document

Hi Guys, Welcome back to my blog, today I will be talking about my game design document. I use Dunroc to build a basic document which you can view  here . For my Game Design Document I am going to focus on the important parts of the game. First one is Story. The story behind the game is the most important part as you can't have a game without a story line. My story is about the player, they can create their own character and build their city to what ever way they want too. They have to do certain tasks everyday to earn money to buy things. My game will be a single player game. The aim of the game is to gain experience, unlock different levels and build an empire.  Second one is Characters . The player can have multiple characters if they would like, its all up to them. They can design what the character is going to look like too from their clothing to body type to hair style. Everything! I want the player to have fun creating there own world. Each character will ha